Educational Credential Assessment
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) uses Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports to:
- authenticate an applicant’s foreign credential and
- determine the equivalent completed Canadian credential.
- The purpose of the reports is to award immigration selection points or make program eligibility decisions.
- CIC has designated both multipurpose assessment organizations and professional bodies to assess foreign credentials. Multipurpose assessment organizations authenticate and assess foreign educational credentials across a wide range of regulated and non-regulated occupations
How can we help you?
To immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you will need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for education received outside of Canada.
(Duplicate Marks Cards/Degree Certificates,Correction of Marks ... removal, Consolidated Marks Card, Genuineness Certificate, Other Certificates, Download Applications...
A Medium of Instruction letter is a document that confirms the language of instruction used throughout your degree programme. It should be issued by a central administration unit / the registry at your university rather than a lecturer who may have taught you. Apply Now..
For immigration purposes also or for education evaluation, you can send your transcript directly to WES Canada or U.S. embassy or any other country.
Educational Credential Assessment Service Providers
- The designated organizations are:
- World Education Services (WES),
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS),
- Comparative Education Service (CES), University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- International Credential Evaluation Service.
Professional bodies authenticate and assess foreign educational credentials to determine how they compare to a Canadian credential needed to practice in their respective regulated occupations. They are also recognized as a step in the licensing process. The designated professional bodies are:
Find out more information about how skilled immigrants can get their education assessed.